Design Principle Project one self portrait.

Self Portrait assignment.
For our assignment for self portrait,  I decided to do a surrealism as I like surrealism and wanted to Express myself with it.

This is the photo I used as reference to draw my face.

I sketch down my design using 2B pencil first lightly.

Then again I used 0.1 pen to sketch following the lines I drew with pencil so that it will be more easier for me to color it clearly.




This is my final outcome. For the self portrait I decided to use color pencils as I liked the texture and I wanted to use lots of pastel colors to Express me as I don't believe that only one color can Express a person. Which I colored the face with it as face is one of the best way to Express emotions. Aslo the I drew a moon phase on my head because one of thing that symbolizes me is full moon because it was my nickname from childhood since my face is round like the moon. Also I drew two hands that are comforting me coming out from the hole in my heart, as I am trying to show that I am the one who can comfort myself even if there is no one to comfort me .Which I used watercolors for the hands.

Feedback.
Ms.Sherry commented that the self portrait looked like a queen from far away as the hands looks like a clothing with the phases of the moon look like a crown and told that the face was recognizable.

Comments