Intercultural Design Project two

Intercultural Design Project two.

Kim Chan Hee 0334532
Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Project two



Instruction










Project Two.

For our trip to Japan, for data collection we first did an interview of my friend who live in Japan called Yuna, who lives near Tokyo. Where we did our interview in our hostel, for our interview we asked her about what actually is 'Omoiyari', and what is the meaning behind it. Where after the interview we realized that what we researched before was quite different from what an original Japanese local think of. Where compassion is just one of the element and that omoiyari is a way of expressing affection towards people without expecting anything in return from that person.

fig 1.1 Project two 

fig 1.2 Project two 

fig 1.3 Project two 

fig 1.4 Project two 

fig 1.5 Project two 

fig 1.6 Project two 

So for our data collection,  we decided to go to different public places observe and take pictures of anything that is related to Omoiyari,  where above are the pictures that I have took through traveling around Tokyo.





This is the final slide for our Project two presentation for the data collection.

Self Reflection.

Going on a trip to Japan, was very exciting experience for me, as this was my first time visiting Japan. Where I
was greatly impressed and inspired by the culture here in Tokyo, especially the cleanliness of it, where the
streets were really clean with rubbish hard to be found there, even the public toilets . Also, the systems there
were very convenient to use, where I could find many elements based on my research omoiyari like the heated
seater in the toilets and others. What really amazed me was when we visited the teamlab borderless where the
place was really beautiful and really gave me an unforgettable memories ,and I promise myself that I will visit
this place again. Also, I really think this trip is meaningful as I was able to become closer to my friends during
the trip and the way how polite the Japanese people there are reminded me that I should do the same too when I
go back to Malaysia. I am really grateful that I got this opportunity to visit Japan and hope that I would be given
a chance to visit Japan again in the future.

































































Comments